Pittsburgh, PA: Today SVP Full Circle, Pittsburgh’s impact accelerator for nonprofits, announced the five Pittsburgh-based nonprofit organizations that were selected for their Fall pitch event on December 18, 2019 from 5:30 to 8:00 PM at The Alloy Studios (5530 Penn Ave). The nonprofits selected for this special alumni edition include:
- Allegheny Youth Development has a mission is to educate, equip and empower our inner-city youth to reach their God-given intellectual, social, physical and spiritual potential. (2015 SVP alumni)
- Assemble envisions diverse neighborhoods of empowered people who create, connect, learn, and transform together. Assemble builds confidence through making by uniting communities of artists, technologists, makers, and learners. (2017 SVP alumni)
- Hope Haven Farm rescues abused and neglected farm animals and educate the public on animal welfare. (2017 SVP alumni)
- Never Fear Being Different (NFBD) NFBD’s mission is leverage the shift in modern media to amplify social impact in the digital. (2017 SVP alumni)
- Providence Connections strengthens families and enriches lives through comprehensive education and developmental opportunities for parents and children. (2018 SVP alumni)
Leigh Solomon Pugliano, SVP Pittsburgh’s Full Circle Nonprofit Accelerator Manager shares that, “The Alumni Pitch Event is an opportunity for us to provide a platform for nonprofit leaders to share their stories, advocate for their mission, and gain the additional resources needed to do their best work.”
Attendees will learn about the impact that these innovative nonprofits are having on their communities and opportunities to support their work. The SVP Pittsburgh Board of Directors will share a brief update on the strategic direction of the organization. There will also be plenty of time to network with SVP Partners, who are private sector professionals that contribute their skills, expertise, networks and finances to enhance nonprofit impact.
About SVP Pittsburgh: Social Venture Partners (SVP) Pittsburgh is a growing community of engaged philanthropists who contribute their expertise, skills, networks and finances to grow the impact of nonprofits and tackle our community’s greatest challenges. SVP Pittsburgh is committed to prioritize Inclusion, Collaboration, and Impact in all of their work.