Social Venture Partners (SVP) Pittsburgh and The Forbes Funds are collaborating to re-launch SVP Pittsburgh’s capacity-building program for small and mid-sized nonprofits in the Pittsburgh region. The Full Circle Accelerator Program, will address the key strategic and tactical operational challenges that nonprofits are experiencing due to the impact of COVID-19.
Nonprofit organizations in the Pittsburgh region are invited to apply for the April Spring 2021 Full Circle Accelerator cohort. Click here to apply! Full Circle is a proven capacity-building program designed to improve organizational efficiency, program implementation, financial sustainability, and increase overall impact. The 14-week cohort, facilitated by Straightforward Consulting, incorporates workshops, mentoring, networking opportunities, and a pitch event. The program allows SVP’s Partners who serve as mentors and coaches to provide nonprofit leaders with resources, expertise, and strategic solutions that better prepare them to solve immediate and ongoing challenges. Full Circle is designed to increase impact and improve overall financial sustainability. This year’s program will address the challenges and impact of COVID-19 and include an intentional DEI focus for leaders seeking to improve their knowledge, skills, and awareness.
There is no cost for nonprofits to participate in Full Circle. Nonprofits that successfully complete the program will receive a $1,000 unrestricted award and additional resources/contributions from Partners and program sponsors. DipJar, a company that provides fundraising devices (see video of how it works here) and an online giving platform SparkVirtual, will provide each participating nonprofit with one DipJar and a one year subscription (value of $450 per nonprofit). The only fees that apply to the nonprofit are credit card processing fees that can be covered by the donor.
All programming will be virtual in 2021.
The Full Circle curriculum areas of focus include:
- Organizational Growth Strategy
- Financial Sustainability
- Communicating Impact
Questions for the Full Circle Application:
- What is the mission of your organization?
- Programs and Services: Who does your organization serve? What programs and services does your organization provide? What type of impact are you making?
- Organizational Goals: List and describe up to 3 goals for 2021. How did the organization determine these goals?What do you need to achieve them? How will achieving these goals increase your impact?
- Barriers: What are the 3 biggest challenges your organization is currently facing?
- How will the FULL CIRCLE Program benefit your organization? What do you hope to gain, learn etc. from the program?
- In addition to your goals and challenges, is there a specific program or initiative you would like to focus on during your time in the program? Please describe.
- Full Circle connects you to a committed team of SVP Partners and subject matter experts who act as coaches to your nonprofit throughout the 14-week Full Circle accelerator. Full Circle coaches represent a wide range of professional backgrounds ranging from technology to finance. Based on the organizational challenges you identified, what skills and expertise would be valuable for the Full Circle coaches matched with your organization to have?
For more information about the program email questions to email@example.com.
If you are like most of us, your organization wasn’t fully prepared for COVID-19.
SVP Pittsburgh has partnered with C4CS®, a Pittsburgh-based management consultancy that specializes in strategic communication and crisis management, to provide a free webinar on Friday April 3, 2020 from 2PM – 4:30PM.
This webinar is co-hosted by SVP and C4CS. Our goal is to help nonprofits overcome the challenges posed by the COVID-19 crisis. Webinar topics include strategic communication, crisis management, and effective internal and external operational tactics.
SVP Pittsburgh is an engaged community of business leaders who are using their skills, networks and finances to grow the impact of innovative Pittsburgh area nonprofits.
Pittsburgh, PA: Today SVP Full Circle, Pittsburgh’s impact accelerator for nonprofits, announced the five Pittsburgh-based nonprofit organizations that were selected for their Fall pitch event on December 18, 2019 from 5:30 to 8:00 PM at The Alloy Studios (5530 Penn Ave). The nonprofits selected for this special alumni edition include:
- Allegheny Youth Development has a mission is to educate, equip and empower our inner-city youth to reach their God-given intellectual, social, physical and spiritual potential. (2015 SVP alumni)
- Assemble envisions diverse neighborhoods of empowered people who create, connect, learn, and transform together. Assemble builds confidence through making by uniting communities of artists, technologists, makers, and learners. (2017 SVP alumni)
- Hope Haven Farm rescues abused and neglected farm animals and educate the public on animal welfare. (2017 SVP alumni)
- Never Fear Being Different (NFBD) NFBD’s mission is leverage the shift in modern media to amplify social impact in the digital. (2017 SVP alumni)
- Providence Connections strengthens families and enriches lives through comprehensive education and developmental opportunities for parents and children. (2018 SVP alumni)
Leigh Solomon Pugliano, SVP Pittsburgh’s Full Circle Nonprofit Accelerator Manager shares that, “The Alumni Pitch Event is an opportunity for us to provide a platform for nonprofit leaders to share their stories, advocate for their mission, and gain the additional resources needed to do their best work.”
Attendees will learn about the impact that these innovative nonprofits are having on their communities and opportunities to support their work. The SVP Pittsburgh Board of Directors will share a brief update on the strategic direction of the organization. There will also be plenty of time to network with SVP Partners, who are private sector professionals that contribute their skills, expertise, networks and finances to enhance nonprofit impact.
About SVP Pittsburgh: Social Venture Partners (SVP) Pittsburgh is a growing community of engaged philanthropists who contribute their expertise, skills, networks and finances to grow the impact of nonprofits and tackle our community’s greatest challenges. SVP Pittsburgh is committed to prioritize Inclusion, Collaboration, and Impact in all of their work.
The 2019 Alumni Pitch Event is open to any nonprofit (or fiscally sponsored) organization that completed the FULL CIRCLE Program. The event will include pitch preparation support from our FULL CIRCLE Managers and SVP Partners. Organizations that have experience significant growth, want to build upon existing programming, or implement a new program or service are encouraged to apply.
• Alumni Organizations that apply must be designated as 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations operating in Allegheny County or have a Fiscal Sponsor
• Alumni Organizations that apply must designate at least two leadership staff who will participate consistently throughout the duration of the Program.
• Alumni Organizations, if selected, will be asked to submit their most recent annual report and/or year-end financial statements.
BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAM
Pitch Development Workshops
Communication Tools and Materials
One on One Mentoring with SVP Partners and Full Circle Managers
IMPORTANT DATES (Pitch Prep dates are Mandatory)
Tuesday, September 24th – Applications Open
Friday, October 18th – Applications Close
Tuesday, October 29th – Finalists Announced
Tuesday, November 12th 9a-11a – Pitch Prep
Tuesday, November 19th 9a-11a – Pitch Prep
Wednesday, December 4th 5:30p -7p – Pitch Prep / Pitch Back
Wednesday, December 18th 5:30-8p – Alumni Pitch Event
Social Venture Partners (SVP) Pittsburgh invites you to join us for our Final Pitch Event on June 26th! This event concludes our spring 2019 Full Circle Nonprofit Accelerator Program. Come learn more about our program, network with Pittsburgh’s social impact community, connect with our SVP Partners, and meet the incredible organizations and leaders that participated in the program. This years participants include: Greater Valley Community Services, Associated Artists of Pittsburgh, Coraoplis Community Development Foundation, Unity Through Creativity, and Legacy Arts Project. We hope to see you there!
Full Circle Final Pitch
Wednesday, June 26th
5:30pm – 8:00pm
Energy Innovation Center
*Complimentary food and drinks will be served!
Come out and celebrate 5 amazing nonprofits in SVP’s Full Circle Spring Impact Accelerator for Nonprofits Pitch Event on Thursday, June 28th at the BNY Innovation Center!
On Thursday, November 16 nearly 150 socially conscious leaders from across sectors joined SVP Pittsburgh for good drinks and to connect with the 2017 fall cohort of the Full Circle Impact Accelerator for Nonprofits, including the Alliance for Police Accountability, the The Global Switchboard, and Never Fear Being Different, Prototype PGH, Ujamaa Collective. Many thanks to the team at Wallace’s Tap Room for welcoming SVP and our supporters! Check out photos from the exciting night below.
On Thursday, May 11 nearly 100 civically engaged Pittsburghers joined SVP Pittsbugrh and our Full Circle nonprofits for good drinks and conversation. During the Happy Hour our Full Circle nonprofits – Amizade, Alliance for Refugee Youth Support and Education (ARYSE), FOCUS Pittsburgh, Just Harvest and Homewood Childrens Village – pitched their organizations’ impact to the audience. Enjoy these photos from the night!
Many thanks to the team at Wallace’s Tap Room for welcoming SVP and our supporters!