Social Venture Partners Pittsburgh
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 03/16/18
Five innovative Pittsburgh-based innovative nonprofits have been selected for the Full Circle Impact Accelerator 2018 spring cohort.
Pittsburgh, PA: Yesterday, SVP Full Circle, one of the country’s leading accelerators dedicated exclusively to scaling the impact of innovative nonprofit businesses, announced the five organizations selected for their 2018 spring cohort. The five nonprofits selected for the spring accelerator cohort include:
- Assemble is one of the first maker spaces in Pittsburgh that blends tech and STEAM programming for youth from underrepresented backgrounds with community and economic development. They are coming to Full Circle to figure out how to take their successful organization to the next level of impact.
- AllStarCode offers black and latino young men mentorship and intensive coding/computer science programming to help them build successful career paths in technology. ASC, first founded in NYC, is relatively new to Pittsburgh and growing fast. They came to Full Circle to help determine the best way to expand their program and become a model for future cities.
- Northern Area Multi-Service Center’s Refugee Resettlement Office is the largest refugee resettlement agency in the Pittsburgh region. NAMS Refugee Resettlement program came to Full Circle looking to determine how they can inject innovation into their work and better tell the story of their impact.
- Pennsylvania Youth Initiative is a new nonprofit that has created unique curriculum and multifaceted programming to help young people with disabilities train to enter the workforce, particularly the emerging innovation economy in the region. PYI came to Full Circle in the midst of rapid growth and is looking to understand how they can responsibly scale their programming to impact more young people in the region and beyond.
- Veterans Breakfast Club creates communities of understanding and support for veterans as well as civilians. VBC came to SVP because they are on a rapid growth track and are looking to determine a strong business model for their future as well as the marketing and branding they need in order to better communicate the breadth of their activities and impact.
Over the next 14 weeks, the Full Circle nonprofits will engage in an intensive accelerator curriculum dedicated to scaling their organization’s impact. In addition to engaging in accelerator curriculum, each Full Circle nonprofit is paired with a team of seven next generation philanthropists – called SVP Partners – who serve as coaches working hands-on with each organization to overcome the key challenges that are holding them back from scaled impact. SVP Partners are leading socially conscious professional from the private sector who seek a hands-on investment and more engaged approach to philanthropy.
Through the Full Circle Impact Accelerator, each nonprofit will receive more than 250 hours of private sector coaching support as well as $3,000 in financial support from SVP. The spring Full Circle program will culminate in a pitch event on June 28 where each nonprofit from the spring cohort will pitch their work and impact to a public audience and compete for additional cash prizes. Keep updated with all the latest from SVP and the Full Circle Impact Accelerator on Twitter (@SVPPGH).
Our Sponsors: SVP Pittsburgh’s Full Circle Impact Accelerator for Nonprofits is made possible by the generous support of our sponsors and foundation supporters. SVP recognizes annual sponsor UPMC/UPMC Health Plan as well as our Silver – Innovation Sponsor Hefren-Tillotson for their sponsorship and commitment to seeing a more impactful and innovative nonprofit community in the Pittsburgh region. We also want to thank The Grable Foundation for their ongoing support to nonprofit acceleration and cultivating a community of engaged philanthropists. Finally, we want to thank our venue host, Ascender, for providing outstanding event and meeting space for the Full Circle accelerator program.
About SVP Pittsburgh: Social Venture Partners (SVP) Pittsburgh is a growing community of engaged philanthropists who contribute their expertise, skills, networks and finances to grow the impact of nonprofits and tackle our community’s greatest challenges. SVP Pittsburgh’s core program is the Full Circle impact accelerator, which connects SVP Partners as executive coaches to accelerate the impact of Pittsburgh’s most innovative nonprofits. Interested in learning more? Contact Full Circle Managers Ryan Gayman (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Benjamin Utter (email@example.com).