Social Venture Partners Pittsburgh
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 03/16/17
– – – –
Five Pittsburgh-based innovative nonprofits selected for the Full Circle impact accelerator fall cohort.
Pittsburgh, PA: Last week SVP Full Circle, Pittsburgh’s impact accelerator for nonprofits, announced the five Pittsburgh-based nonprofit organizations that were selected for their spring cohort. The five nonprofits selected for the spring accelerator cohort include:
- Alliance for Police Accountability | The APA catalyzes criminal justice reform by implementing grassroots approaches to bettering community and police relations through advocacy, education and policy.
- The Global Switchboard | The Global Switchboard cultivates a community of Pittsburghers engaged in critical global issues (e.g. immigration rights) through a globally-focused coworking space and digital hub.
- Never Fear Being Different | NFBD is a next generation media platform that replaces divisive click bait with inspirational and entertaining media that sheds light on important social issues and brings people together.
- Prototype PGH | Prototype is building a more inclusive and equitable maker movement in Pittsburgh by offering a makerspace and maker educational programming that focuses on equity and feminism.
- Ujamaa Collective | Ujamaa Collective invests in the economic and social growth of Africana women entrepreneurs and artisans by operating a Hill District based artisan boutique and providing cooperative business support.
Over the next 14 weeks, the Full Circle nonprofits will engage in an intensive accelerator curriculum dedicated to scaling their organization’s impact. SVP Partners – leading private sector professionals who seek to be more hands-on and engaged with their philanthropy – will serve as coaches to the Full Circle nonprofits. Each Full Circle nonprofit is paired with a team of 5+ coaches who work alongside the nonprofit leadership throughout the program. Upon completion of the Full Circle accelerator, each nonprofit will receive a $2,000 contribution from SVP.
The spring Full Circle programming will culminate in a pitch event on December 14 where each nonprofit from the fall cohort will pitch their organization’s work and impact to a public audience and compete for additional cash prizes to support their ongoing growth. Keep updated with all the latest from SVP’s fall Full Circle cohort on Twitter (@SVPPGH).
Our Sponsors: SVP Pittsburgh’s Full Circle impact accelerator for nonprofits is made possible by the generous support of our sponsors. SVP recognizes UPMC/UPMC Health Plan for their sponsorship and commitment to seeing a more impactful and innovative nonprofit community in the Pittsburgh region. SVP also recognizes our venue sponsor, Ascender, for generously providing outstanding event and meeting space for the Full Circle program.
About SVP Pittsburgh: Social Venture Partners (SVP) Pittsburgh is a growing community of engaged philanthropists who contribute their expertise, skills, networks and finances to grow the impact of nonprofits and tackle our community’s greatest challenges. SVP Pittsburgh’s core program is the Full Circle impact accelerator, which connects SVP Partners as executive coaches to accelerate the impact of Pittsburgh’s most innovative nonprofits. Interested in learning more? Contact Full Circle Managers Ryan Gayman (email@example.com) and Benjamin Utter (firstname.lastname@example.org).