Social Venture Partners Pittsburgh
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 03/16/17
– – –
SVP Pittsburgh Announces Nonprofits for Full Circle Impact Accelerator
Five Pittsburgh-based innovative nonprofits selected for impact acceleration
Pittsburgh, PA: Today SVP Full Circle, Pittsburgh’s impact accelerator for nonprofits, announced the five Pittsburgh-based nonprofit organizations that were selected for their spring cohort accelerator programming. The five nonprofits selected for the spring accelerator cohort include:
- Alliance for Refugee Youth Support and Education | ARYSE supports refugee and immigrant youth to become prepared, engaged and confident members of the Pittsburgh community. ARYSE seeks to expand its work in Pittsburgh to provide year-round programming for local immigrant and refugee youth.
- Amizade | Amizade inspires empathy, catalyzes social action, and links diverse networks through service and learning in 12 countries. Amizade is a leader in ethical global service learning and is internationally recognized for their innovative model for ‘fair trade learning.’
- FOCUS Pittsburgh | FOCUS Pittsburgh aims to build human development through programs that promote health and well-being. FOCUS Pittsburgh deploys a unique grassroots approach to understanding and addressing the health and well-being challenges of communities in The Hill District neighborhood.
- Homewood Children’s Village | Modeled on the acclaimed Harlem Children’s Zone, HCV seeks a comprehensive, place-based, community oriented transformation of Homewood. HCV’s innovative approach puts youth development at the center of community development.
- Just Harvest | Founded in 1986, Just Harvest works to improve anti-hunger public policy and food access in Allegheny County. JH seeks to grow their newest programs, Fresh Corners and Fresh Access, which provide e-transaction capabilities at farmers markets and initiate healthy corner stores in local food deserts.
Pat Calhoun, SVP Pittsburgh’s Board of Directors Chairwoman shares that, “This inspiring group of organizations were selected from a competitive pool of nonprofits based on their innovative approach as well as their potential to achieve growth in impact from participating in the accelerator program. We’re thrilled to have a diverse cohort of nonprofits whose missions and efforts tackle major challenges of equity, health care, youth development, refugee and immigrant education, health food access and more.”
Over the next 3-months, Full Circle nonprofits will engage in an intensive accelerator curriculum dedicated to growing organizational impact, receive funding from SVP Pittsburgh as well as receive executive coaching from SVP Partners who are private sector professionals that contribute their skills, expertise, networks and finances to the Full Circle nonprofits. The spring Full Circle programming will culminate in a demo day event in June where the nonprofit cohort will pitch their organization’s work and impact to a public audience and compete for additional cash prizes to support their ongoing growth.
About SVP Pittsburgh: Social Venture Partners (SVP) Pittsburgh is a growing community of engaged philanthropists who contribute their expertise, skills, networks and finances to grow the impact of nonprofits and tackle our community’s greatest challenges. SVP Pittsburgh’s core program is the Full Circle impact accelerator, which connects SVP Partners as executive coaches to accelerate the impact of Pittsburgh’s most innovative nonprofits. Interested in learning more? Contact Full Circle Managers Ryan Gayman (email@example.com) and Benjamin Utter (firstname.lastname@example.org).